24 March 2007

Home?


What does the word “home” mean? This is a question for which everyone believes they know the answer, but when asked, they stop and think. Is it the object, the building? Is it a matter of feelings? Is there any need to be luxurious to be a good home? Can it be just cosy? Or is there any need to exist physically?

In fact, it depends on the person.

Some say it is where they find protection. Others confess that home is where their memories, secrets and needed things are. There is also a group of people who reveal that home is where they can show their feelings without fear. And the group of those who believe that home is their family, no matter what.

In my opinion, “home” is not the object. In fact, for me, it is the place where you feel like you belong. I mean, you can be at the place where you live and feel like you do not belong there. So you won’t feel comfortable there. And I believe it is not fair to call home to a place where you cannot find your inner peace. I will easily feel at home on natural spots, I mean in the woods, near the sea or on a mountain, than with people. And if I had to pick three objects to have with me, I would dare to answer my MP3, my guitar and some batteries (so that the MP3 worked).

And what about you... what do you think on that matter?

No comments: