6 January 2008

A little challenge...

Hi guys!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Well, I was thinking and suddenly something came to my mind. Although these vacations were somewhat short, and most of us spent them preparing the end of the semester, there must have happened something we'd love to share with each others, right? So, here's my challenge for the whole group: why don't we tell one thing about this vacations that we loved?

As I am challenging you, it'd be fair if I started, I guess.

I'd have to say Christmas' eve with my family. This year it was at my grandma's place. Last time that happened I must have been six or seven. But that was not the only reason why it was even more special than the usual, you know. People there, all about my parents, my grandma and my uncles *my aunts were working*... it seemed to be one of those dinners I haven't had for years and years. The only exception was the presence of one of my little cousins, the youngest one as a matter of fact. It was awesome: we were joking around with everything, dancing at the sound of Max (yup, that famous singer from Madeira, who's long gone), remembering past stories, trying to keep the little kid busy while Father Christmas left his presents... For the first time in a long time there was the usual "formation" of the family and this time, I was the one who saw Father Christmas leaving my cousins' presents *it's a family's tradition: the youngest member who already knows it has got to fool those who don't*. But at a moment, you can't tell who the real kids are in my family. I mean, my cousin had just won his wrestling toys that he wanted for so long, but my uncles were so much more excited about it than the kid himself. He wanted to go home and play his new video game... It remembered me of when I was younger, I would play along with them *yeah, they'd "borrow" my new toys, so it was I who played along with them, instead of them playing along with me*, no matter what it was. But I loved it, anyway!
This is it... No further details...

Now it's your turn :)

1 comment:

L. M. said...

I would love to say and to share that these reduced idea of vacations were fantastic. But alas! They were not.

Christmas was what it usually is, weird!!!! But new year's eve was grand! Mariana and I on the Bairro Alto! Very good!